- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A magnet was brought from different directions towards a toy boat that has been floating in water in a tub. Affect observed in each case is stated in Column I. Possible reasons for the observed effects are mentioned in Column II. Match the statements given in Column I with those in Column II.
|Column I||Column II|
|Boat gets attracted towards the magnet||Boat is fitted with a magnet with a north pole towards its head|
|Boat is not affected by the magnet||Boat is fitted with a magnet with a south pole towards its head|
|Boat moved towards the magnet when the north pole is brought near its head||Boat has a small magnet fixed along its length|
|Boat moves away from the magnet when the north pole is brought near its head||Boat is made up of magnetic material|
|Boat floats without changing its direction||Boat is made up of non-magnetic material|
- Attractive Property$\rightarrow$
A magnet attracts ferromagnetic materials such as iron, cobalt, and nickel. When a metal piece is placed near a magnet, the magnet attracts the metallic piece. This shows the attractive property of a magnet.
- Repulsive Properties$\rightarrow$
Two like Magnetic poles repel each other and unlike magnetic poles attract each other. When a north pole of a magnet is placed near the north pole of another magnet, they repel each other. Similarly, two south poles of two magnets repel each other.
- Directive Property$\rightarrow$
A freely suspended magnet always points in a north-south direction. Compass is a good example of this property.
Now let us match the statements given in Column I with those in Column II. The correct match is as follows:
|Column II||Explanation by image|
|The boat gets attracted to the magnet||The boat is made up of magnetic material.|
|The boat is not affected by the magnet ||The boat is made up of non-magnetic material.|
|The boat moved towards the magnet when the north pole is brought near its head||The boat is fitted with a magnet with the south pole towards its head.|
|The boat moves away from the magnet when the north pole is brought near its head||The boat is fitted with a magnet with the north pole towards its head.|
|Boat floats without changing its direction||The boat has a small magnet fixed along its length.|
- What interesting trend has been observed in the results of the recent elections?
- How to show a figure that has been closed in Matplotlib?
- What is a Permanent Magnet Stepper Motor?
- Has there ever been a battle of books?
- Return the next floating-point value after a value towards another value in Numpy
- What is a state in react native?
- How to verify an exception that has been thrown in unit testing C#?
- Execute a script when an element has been dragged to a valid drop target in HTML?
- How to modify a Matplotlib legend after it has been created?
- C++ Program to check if a string has been seen before
- Class declaration with a method that has a parameter in Java
- Return the next floating-point value after a zero-dimensional array value towards another value in Numpy
- What is a method in Java that ends in a semicolon and has no method body?
- How to determine if an activity has been called by a Notification in Android?
- How to check if a "lateInit" variable has been initialized in Kotlin?
- What is a finite state machine in TOC?