A Card is Born: Beginners' Guide to Credit Cards
How Credit Can be a Hero and a Villain.
Updated on Dec, 2023
Language - English
Duration -56 mins
Credit can be a slippery slope, and because many people lack basic financial guidance, it often leads to insurmountable debt for far too many people. Nowadays, across many cultures, a proven credit line is becoming a necessary component of building personal wealth. The great irony of the modern financial system is that you need credit to get credit, and proving you can manage credit is more valuable than showing you don't need credit. Confused? Many people are, thus why it is so important to figure out how the credit system works.
AROV's "A Card is Born" course teaches the pros and cons of credit card use. The class covers credit-related terminology; explores what to consider when taking on a credit card; distinguishes between simple and compound interest as well as fixed and variable rates; and takes a look at different sorts of credit cards available to the public.
Learn to utilize credit to your advantage and leverage it to build your financial profile rather than allowing it to entrap you in mountains of debt. If you don't know anything about how credit cards work, here is the first stop of your journey.
*Hosted by Eddie Sage: All AROV Instructors are licensed teachers (US Department of Education) and certified by the National Financial Education Council (NFEC).*
For any schools or education institutions interested in partnering with AROV, contact us at email@example.com..
Foe anyone interested in live classes, feel free to visit us at https://arov.org/tutors-teachers.
What will you learn in this course:
- Develop a better-informed perspective on credit and credit cards.
- Understand the difference between principal and interest.
- Learn the history of credit cards.
- Understand the difference between a fixed rate and an adjustable rate.
- Understand how credit scores work and what purpose they have.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no requirements or pre-requisites needed. This course is open to anyone interested in financial literacy and new to the world of credit.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
A Card is Born: Beginners' Guide to Credit Card
- Introduction and History of Credit Cards 08:25 08:25
- The Difference Between the Top Credit Card Companies 08:50 08:50
- Understanding Principal vs. Interest 09:26 09:26
- Credit Limits 04:43 04:43
- What Determines Interest Rate? 02:09 02:09
- Exploring Fixed Rate vs. Variable/Adjustable Rate 03:40 03:40
- Closing Comments 02:01 02:01
- Additional Benefits of Credit Cards 04:18 04:18
- Types of Credit Cards 12:49 12:49
AROV EducationBecome Your Dreams
AROV Education believes that the average person can achieve great success in life when they are equipped with two integral bodies of knowledge: financial literacy and effective communication. As such, we aim to provide accessible, practical instruction in these areas as a way to broaden the minds, perspectives, and skillsets of anyone interested. In doing so, we hope more people feel inspired and adequately equipped to pursue their life goals and most ambitious dreams.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now