- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Upgraded to SAP.net connector 3.0 is not working in Visual Studio 2008 and 2010
Note that SAP.net connector doesn’t work similar to 2.0 connector. There are lot many changes- good and bad provisioned in .net 3.0 version.
This is SAP documentation link about general capabilities of SAP.net connector:
SAP .NET Connector 3.0 is the current version of SAP's development environment for communication between the Microsoft .NET platform and SAP systems. With the use of SAP.net connector, you can connect SAP system to all common programming languages like: Visual Basic. NET, C#, or Managed C++ and many more.
Following are the advantage of upgrading to SAP.net 3.0:
- This version is no longer bound to a special Visual Studio version.
- It is more stable, robust and more secure
- With SAP.net 3.0, you can have a better design of your application by decoupling the connection handling from the .NET application proper
- Encourages separation of concerns: infrastructure embedding is clearly separated from business application logic
- It reduces memory consumption
- This allows dynamic programming without the need for proxy generation
- You no longer need to regenerate the proxies and recompile your solution
To know more about this, you can refer this blog on SAP.net 3.0:
- Upgrading SAP.NET Connector 1.0 to .NET Connector 3.0
- Limitation on number of columns in Visual Studio 2008
- Send an Idoc using SAP.net connector 3.0 from a non-SAP system
- Adding HTML5 Validation to Visual Studio
- Is it possible to add HTML5 validation to Visual Studio?
- Values are not readable while calling RFC method in .net via SAP.NET Connector 2.0
- Using SAP connector 3.0 on an MVC application
- How to include libraries in Visual Studio 2012?
- Downloading SAP.NET connector to integrate .NET application with SAP system
- Getting Started with C++ in Visual Studio
- C++11 features in Visual Studio 2015
- Upgrading SAP .NET Connector from .NET 2.0 to .NET 3.0
- What is the best IDE for C# besides Visual Studio?
- Getting Error while calling XBP Function Module via SAP.net connector