- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
3.42g of sucrose are dissolved in 18g of water in a beaker. The number of oxygen atoms in the solution are
(a) 6.68 X 1023
(b) 6.09 X 1022
(c) 6.022 X 1023
(d) 6.022 X 1021
Correct Answer: (a) 6.68 X 1023
Explanation: Molar mass of sucrose
C12H22O11 = 12× 12 + 1× 22 + 16 × 11
Number of moles = Mass of glucose/ Molar mass of sucrose
Number of moles = 3.42 g /342 (g/mol) 3.42g/342 (g/mol)
⇒Number of moles = 0.01
Sucrose(C12H22O11) contains 11 oxygen atoms ⇒11 x 6.022 x 1023
For 0.01 moles of sucrose ⇒ 0.01 x 11 x 6.022 x 1023 Now, Molar mass of water = H2O = 2 × 1 + 16 = 18g/mol
⇒ Number of moles = 1 Sucrose (H2O) contains 1 oxygen atom = 6.022 × 1023
For 1 mole of water = 6.022 × 1023
On adding both values 6.6 × 1022 + 6.022 × 1023
=6.68 × 1023 atoms.
Hence, (a) is correct.
- Find the value of the function Y = (X^6 + X^2 + 9894845) % 981 in C++
- How to install the latest version of Git on CentOS 7.x/6.x?
- 3-6-9 in Python
- Sum of the Series 1 + x/1 + x^2/2 + x^3/3 + .. + x^n/n in C++
- Sum of the series 2 + (2+4) + (2+4+6) + (2+4+6+8) + ... + (2+4+6+8+...+2n) in C++
- Count of all possible values of X such that A % X = B in C++
- Number of Substrings divisible by 6 in a String of Integers in C++
- Sum of the series 1, 3, 6, 10… (Triangular Numbers) in C++
- 6 Principles of Software Testing
- What is Wireless Fidelity 6 (WiFi 6)?
- Find sum of the series 1-2+3-4+5-6+7....in C++
- Find the Number of Solutions of n = x + n x using C++
- What are the differences in between python 2.x and python 3.x versions?
- Minimum positive integer value possible of X for given A and B in X = P*A + Q*B in C++
- What are the key differences between Python 2.7.x and Python 3.x?
- Construct a frequency array of digits of the values obtained from x^1, x^2, ....., x^n in C++