- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
1. A polymer is a chain of many small units joined together which are called â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.
2.The synthetic fibres are also known as â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦. fibres.
3. The first fully synthetic fibre was â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
4.A fibre similar to wool is â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.
5.A plastic used for making crockery is â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.
1. A polymer is a chain of many small units joined together which are called monomers.
2. The synthetic fibres are also known as man-made fibres.
3. The first fully synthetic fibre was nylon.
4. A fibre similar to wool is acrylic.
5. A plastic used for making crockery is melamine.
- Related Articles
- Fill in the blanks with appropriate words.(a) Synthetic fibres are also called ____ or ____ fibres.(b) Synthetic fibres are synthesised from a raw material called _____(c) Like synthetic fibres, plastic is also a _____
- Fill in the blanks with appropriate words.Synthetic fibres are also called â€¦â€¦â€¦.. or â€¦â€¦â€¦.Synthetic fibres are synthesised from raw material called â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦Like synthetic fibres, plastic is also a â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
- Which synthetic fibre feels like wool and used as a substitute for wool?
- Name the first fully synthetic fibre.
- Why synthetic fibre is used for making swimwear?
- Fill in the following blanks with suitable words:(a) Synthetic fibres are also called __________ fibres.(b) Synthetic fibres are made from raw materials called __________(c) Like synthetic fibres, plastic is also a _____________(d) The use of plastics can be reduced by using bags made of _____________ or _____________ instead of polythene bags.
- Which synthetic fibres are used in making of space suits?
- (a) What are the short fibres of a neuron known as?(b) What is the long fibre of a neuron known as?
- Is the coconut fibre a natural or a synthetic fibre?
- The synthetic fibre A is chemically a polyamide whereas the synthetic fibre B contains a large number of ester groups. another synthetic fibre C is made of a polymer D which consists of a number of glucose units joined one after the other.(a) Which fibre could be (i) terylene (ii) rayon and nylon?(b) Name the polymer D.(c) Which fibre (A, B or C) is prepared from a natural raw material?(d) Which fibre (A, B or C) contains the same type of groups as those in a PET jar?
- Crossword Puzzle Complete the crossword given below with the help of clues.Across1. Substance used as synthetic wool. (7)2. A plastic used for making containers and carry bags. (9)3. Substance made up of large number of smaller molecules. (7)4. Another name for this compound is artificial silk. (5)Down5. A type of fibre obtained naturally from cocoon. (4)6. A synthetic fibre classified as polyester. (8)7. A polymer used for making ropes. (5)
- (a) What are synthetic fibres? Name any two synthetic fibres.(b) Why have synthetic fibres become more popular than natural fibres?
- Explain why some fibres are called synthetic?
- Is Jeans or Denim a Natural Fibre or A Synthetic Fibre?
- What are synthetic fibres?