- Salesforce Tutorial
- Salesforce - Home
- Salesforce - Overview
- Salesforce - Architecture
- Salesforce - Environment
- Salesforce - Sales Cloud
- Salesforce - Service Cloud
- Salesforce - Navigating Setup
- Salesforce Objects
- Salesforce - Standard Objects
- Salesforce - Custom Objects
- Salesforce - Master Detail
- Salesforce - Lookup Relationship
- Salesforce - Schema Builder
- Data Security
- Salesforce - Control Access Org
- Salesforce - Control Access Objects
- Salesforce - Control Access Fields
- Salesforce - Control Access Records
- Salesforce - Create a Role Hierarchy
- Salesforce - Define Sharing Rules
- Process Builder
- Automate Business Processes
- Salesforce - Importing Data
- Salesforce - Exporting Data
- Salesforce - Reports
- Salesforce - Dashboards
- Salesforce - Using Formula Fields
- Salesforce - Visualforce Pages
- Salesforce - Variables & Formulas
- Salesforce - Standard Controllers
- Salesforce - Records, Fields & Tables
- Salesforce - Using Forms
- Salesforce - List Controllers
- Salesforce - Static Resources
- Salesforce Useful Resources
- Salesforce - Quick Guide
- Salesforce - Useful Resources
- Salesforce - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Salesforce - Navigating Setup
The Salesforce developer uses the setup area to configure and customize the interface. It is also used to add and support other users, and build various other functionalities. There are many paths to reach the same setup button. In this tutorial, we will see the most commonly used setup paths and configurations.
The Salesforce Home page has both classic and modern Lighting User Interface. We are referring to the modern lighting interface. All most all the features are available in both The classic and Lighting User Interface come with many features that prove beneficial to the users.
The setup link is located in the top right corner of the page as shown in the screenshot below. Clicking on the setup home takes us to the setup home page.
Below page shows the setup home where we see all the options available for the developer to configure and customize the option.
The following table lists down the important features which are frequently used in setup activity.
|Sr.No||Setting & Purpose|
Create, Remove Users. Manage User profiles and Permissions.
Information related to your org. Like - Language, Maps and Locations, Domain etc.
Expire Passwords, Access Policies, Session Management and Setup Audit Trails.
Jobs, Logs and Sandboxes.
Objects and Fields
Object Manager and Schema Builder.
App Menu, Custom Labels and Lighting App Builder.
Custom Metadata Types, Email Services, Remote Access etc.
Reports and Dashboards.