Tutorials Shared by the Internet Community
|Top Tutorials||New Tutorials||Submit||Login||Register|
Tutorial Basic Detail
Total Hits: 2348
Total Votes: 42 votes
Average Rating: 2.74 out of 5
Description:This guide will explain how to sync to an NTP Time Server using the Redhat ES GUI tools. This was setup and created on Redhat ES4.
Syncing with NTP Time Server Redhat GUI Version
* As the root user issue the command system-config-date
* This is a X11 GUIprogram so you will need to have X11 Loaded either in a remote session (such as VNC) or at the console.
* Click on the "Network Time Protocol Tab"
* Click the box nexto to Enable Network Time Protocol
* Delete the three entries shown (0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org, 2.pool.ntp.org)