PMP Mock Exams
Based on PMBOK 5th Edition
Here are 200 objective type sample questions and their answers are given just below to them. This exam is just to give you an idea of type of questions which may be asked in PMP Certification Exams. Even we have taken full care to give correct answers for all the questions but it is recommended to verify these answers.
In examination you will get each question one by one on computer screen
(51) All of the following are communication methods EXCEPT:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 295, Sec 10.1.2.4
(52) Communication is the PRIME responsibility of a Project:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 23
(53) What are the four parts of the communications model?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 293, Sec 10.1.2.3
(54) In negotiations between the functional department managers and the project managers, which conflict management approach must be aimed at?
Hint: A project success also contributes to organization's growth. A win-win scenario is a pre-requisite.
(55) A leadership style in which the project manager shares problems with team members and formulates solutions as a group is called:
Hint: Participative style aims for team consensus
(56) A type of organization in which the project manager has little formal authority and basically acts as a staff assistant to an executive who is ultimately responsible for the project is called:
Hint: In a weak matrix organization, PM is at times restricted to the role of expediter.
(57) Create WBS process belongs to:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 61, Table 3-1
(58) In which of the following organizations is the project manager role likely to be that of staff assistant?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 23
(59) Project Risk Management includes all of the following processes except:
Hint: Risks are controlled; Risk Responses are not
(60) Using the PMBOK definition of contingency reserve, which of the following statements about contingency reserves is false?
Hint: Contingency reserve is allocated for identified risks. Refer to PMBOK glossary definition.
(61) Which of the following is true about a risk?
Hint: A Risk can be positive or negative. It can be transferred as a mitigation technique.
(62) A contingency plan is:
Hint: A contingency plan is also known as a workaround.
(63) Deflection or transfer of a risk to another party is a type of?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 344, Sec 22.214.171.124
(64) Management reserves are used to handle which type of risk?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 171 - Last paragraph, Page 310 - 2nd paragraph.
(65) Which of the following is considered during the Procurement Planning Process?
Hint: Procurement planning covers all the questions.
(66) From a buyer's standpoint, which of the following is true?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 357 - Project Procurement Management
(67) Which of the following is true about procurement documents?
Hint: All the factors are important for procurement management.
(68) Which of the following is a method for quantifying qualitative data in order to minimize the effect of personal prejudice on source selection?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 373, 1st Paragraph
(69) Which of the following are examples of indirect costs?
Hint: Project team salaries are classified as direct costs.
(70) Which of the following contract types places the greatest risk on the seller?
Hint: Firm-fixed price contracts don't accommodate any risk materialization
(71) In which of the following contract types is the seller's profit limited?
Hint: Fixed fee and incentives are usually lesser than the profits expected in percentage cost contract.
(72) A cost-plus-percentage-cost (CPPC) contract has an estimated cost of $120,000 with an agreed profit of 10% of the costs. The actual cost of the project is $130,000. What is the total reimbursement to the seller?
Hint: The percentage cost is calculated on actual cost.
(73) The outputs of the Monitor and Control project work are utilized as inputs for the Performance of Integrated Change Control to give the following outputs, excluding.
Hint: See outputs of Perform Integrated Change Control
(74) Under what circumstances is it better for a contractor to subcontract?
Hint: Work is subcontracted on capability and cost-savings factors.
(75) Ramcharan, the project manager for a logistics project successfully undertook all the project activities and reached the final Close Project or Phase process that used the following inputs except for.
Hint: Enterprise Environmental Factors aren't required for closing.
(76) Which of the following demonstrates a good negotiation skill?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 517, X3.8 Negotiation
(77) A narrative account of products, services or results to be achieved under a project comes in the form of
Hint: Statement of work gives the description of work to be completed
(78) The "rule of seven" as applied to process control charts means that :
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 238 Control charts
(79) There is project with CPI of 0.81 and TCPI=1.00001 this project is:
Hint: CPI<1 means over-budgets, TCPI>1 means harder to complete
(80) A collection of generally sequential project phases whose name and number are determined by the control needs of the organization or organizations involved in the project, is called:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 38, sec 2.4 Project life cycle
(81) Which of the following activities do not fall under the Closing Process Group?
Hint: No preventive actions are recommended in closing phase
(82) Who is not responsible for risk identification or reporting?
Hint: Functional manager is not responsible for project success or failure
(83) Three Point Statistical Estimating Formula Group. Expected Value =
Hint: A sum of six values must be divided to get an average.
(84) Parametric estimating is a technique where
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 170
(85) What does TQM stand for?
Hint: TQM is a continuous improvement technique to enhance quality.
(86) Examples of Projects include:
Hint: All projects have a definite beginning and conclusive end.
(87) Projects are undertaken at all levels of the organization?
Hint: Projects have restrictions within the performing organization. They are driven by scope of work.
(88) 7. ________ means that every project has a definite beginning and a definite end.
Hint: All projects are temporary
(89) In case of an external IT project, the project initiator or sponsor must have provided the following information excluding.
Hint: OPA isn't a part of project authorization for a contract.
(90) Who should be involved in the project planning phase?
Hint: All stakeholders available must be involved
(91) The successful project managers spend most of their time:
Hint: A project manager spends 90 percent of the time in communication.
(92) Cost Plus Percentage of Cost (CPPC) contracts provide:
Hint: The terms are agreed upon in the agreement
(93) Project success depends on a number of interrelated factors, including time, cost and scope control. The success of any project depends primarily on:
Hint: Written approval of Customer acceptance in required for closure
(94) Which of the following is the most efficient means of product quality inspection:
Hint: It is not always feasible to check every product item
(95) A complete set of concepts, terms and activities that make up a professional field, project management field or an area of specialization is known as:
Hint: See the definition of Knowledge Area in PMBOK Chapter 3.
(96) Pareto Analysis, cause and effect diagrams and flow charts are used in quality.
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 252, Sec 8.3.2 Control Quality: Tools and Techniques
(97) In a multi-cultural environment, it is critical to establish a corporate culture that facilitates:
Hint: Learning about diverse teams and effective team communication is vital for project success.
(98) A condition which will lead an organization towards conflict is:
Hint: Any unethical or unjust practice can lead to conflicts.
(99) The contemporary view of conflict is that:
Hint: Conflict can help breed new perspectives, identify risks and find innovative solutions
(100) In general a project charter covers:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 71-72, Project Charter