Using The Gimp

Advertisements

  Top Tutorials     New Tutorials     Submit     Login     Register  

Tutorial Detail

Using The Gimp

A basic tutorial showing how to download, install and use the Gimp
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dd66m979_253qscgs
  • Total Hits: 12475

  • Average Rating :
    URL RatingURL RatingURL RatingURL RatingURL Rating

  •  

  • Total Votes: 139 votes

  • Category: GIMP/Getting Started

  • Submitted on: 2008-04-03 00:30:31

  • Submitted By: Devesh Khanna

  • Set as Favorite

Description:

If you're new to graphics programs, the Gimp (and photoshop) can be
pretty intimidating. They are pretty similar in the way that they can be
used. There are many ways to get the same results with both programs.

The GIMP is a free, open source program, while photoshop is
made by Adobe and costs as much as $600 dollars. I would guess
that 90% of each operates identically, with the remaining 10% providing
various advantages over the other one.    More detail...

Rating Detail

 Stars  Percentage  Total Vote
 One star  Vote LeftVote MiddleVote Right 38.85%  54
 Two starsTwo star  Vote LeftVote MiddleVote Right 10.07%  14
 Three starsThree starsThree stars  Vote LeftVote MiddleVote Right 11.51%  16
 Four starsFour starsFour starsFour stars  Vote LeftVote MiddleVote Right 10.79%  15
 Five starsFive starsFive starsFive starsFive stars  Vote LeftVote MiddleVote Right 28.78%  40

Caste Your Vote

 Rating  Selection  Guidelines
 Poor:     Very disappointing, useless.
 Fair:     Below average, disappointing but not useless.
 Good:     About average in its class.
 Very Good:     Above average for its category.
 Excellent:     One of the best Tutorials in its category.





Advertisements
Advertisements