Syncing with NTP Time Server Redhat
Tutorials Shared by the Internet Community
|Top Tutorials||New Tutorials||Submit||Login||Register|
Total Hits: 13694
Total Votes: 144 votes
Submitted on: 2008-04-26 21:28:20
Submitted By: Devesh Khanna
Description:This guide will explain how to sync to an NTP Time Server using the Redhat ES GUI tools. This was setup and created on Redhat ES4.
Syncing with NTP Time Server Redhat GUI Version
* As the root user issue the command system-config-date
* This is a X11 GUIprogram so you will need to have X11 Loaded either in a remote session (such as VNC) or at the console.
* Click on the "Network Time Protocol Tab"
* Click the box nexto to Enable Network Time Protocol
* Delete the three entries shown (0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org, 2.pool.ntp.org) More detail...