Measurement Conversions in Excel
Tutorials Shared by the Internet Community
Total Hits - 34894
Total Votes - 156 votes
Vote Up - 82 votes
Vote Down - 74 votes
Domain - www.versitas.com
Category - MS Excel/Functions
Submitted By - Donna Johnson
Submitted on - 2013-03-20 23:47:14
If you have ever had to convert miles to kilometers, inches to centimeters, or Fahrenheit degrees to Celsius degrees then Excel can help you, too.
1. For Excel 2007/2010 users, click the Office Button in 2007 (or File tab in 2010)
2. Click Excel Options button
3. Click Add-Ins on the left
4. Click on Analysis ToolPak from list
5. Make sure Excel Add-Ins is selected in the Manage box
6. Click Go. Click to put a check mark in the box next to Analysis ToolPak and then click OK to return to your worksheet.
Then, you can use the Excel functions to do the conversions. For example, if you want to convert 2 1/2 pounds to kilograms, use the following Excel function: =CONVERT(2.5, “lbm”, “kg”) Your answer should be 1.133981. To find the kilogram equivalent of 1 pound, just replace 2.5 in the formula with 1.0, which should yield a result of 0.453592. More detail...