Define a new site in Dreamweaver CS3
Tutorials Shared by the Internet Community
Total Hits - 33579
Total Votes - 117 votes
Vote Up - 51 votes
Vote Down - 66 votes
Domain - www.vineyardesigns.com
Category - Dreamweaver/Getting Started
Submitted By - Devesh Khanna
Submitted on - 2008-03-09 00:45:25
Defining a new site is the first step to creating a website in Dreamweaver CS3.
1. Create a folder in which you will store all your project files. Create an 'images' folder within and transfer all the sliced images to this folder.
2. Open Dreamweaver
3. Define a new site [Site > New Site > 'Advanced' tab]
4. Fill in your Site Name in the box provided for 'Site Name'.
5. Use the yellow folder icon next to the 'Local Root Folder' box to browse for the project folder you had created.
6. You should be able to see the 'images' folder in your Files panel [Site > Files]. More detail...