- Google Charts Tutorial
- Google Charts - Home
- Google Charts - Overview
- Google Charts - Environment Setup
- Configuration Syntax
- Google Charts - Area Charts
- Google Charts - Bar Charts
- Google Charts - Bubble Charts
- Google Charts - Calendar Charts
- Google Charts - Candlestick Charts
- Google Charts - Column Charts
- Google Charts - Combination Chart
- Google Charts - Histogram Charts
- Google Charts - Line Charts
- Google Charts - Maps
- Google Charts - Organization Chart
- Google Charts - Pie Charts
- Google Charts - Sankey Charts
- Google Charts - Scatter Charts
- Stepped Area Charts
- Google Charts - Table Chart
- Google Charts - Timeline Charts
- Google Charts - TreeMap Chart
- Google Charts - Trendline Charts
- Google Charts Useful Resources
- Google Charts - Quick Guide
- Google Charts - Useful Resources
- Google Charts - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Google Charts - Overview
Following are the salient features of Google Charts library.
Compatability − Works seemlessly on all major browsers and mobile platforms like android and iOS.
Multitouch Support − Supports multitouch on touch screen based platforms like android and iOS. Ideal for iPhone/iPad and android based smart phones/ tablets.
Free to Use − Open source and is free to use for non-commercial purpose.
Lightweight − loader.js core library, is extremely lightweight library.
Simple Configurations − Uses json to define various configuration of the charts and very easy to learn and use.
Dynamic − Allows to modify chart even after chart generation.
Multiple axes − Not restricted to x, y axis. Supports multiple axis on the charts.
Configurable tooltips − Tooltip comes when a user hover over any point on a charts. googlecharts provides tooltip inbuilt formatter or callback formatter to control the tooltip programmatically.
DateTime support − Handle date time specially. Provides numerous inbuilt controls over date wise categories.
Print − Print chart using web page.
External data − Supports loading data dynamically from server. Provides control over data using callback functions.
Text Rotation − Supports rotation of labels in any direction.
Supported Chart Types
Google Charts library provides following types of charts −
|Sr.No.||Chart Type & Description|
Used to draw line/spline based charts.
Used to draw area wise charts.
Used to draw pie charts.
Sankey Charts, Scatter Charts, Stepped area charts, Table, Timelines, TreeMap, Trendlines
Used to draw scattered charts.
Used to draw bubble based charts.
Used to draw dynamic charts where user can modify charts.
Used to draw combinations of variety of charts.
Used to draw 3D charts.
Used to draw speedometer type charts.
Used to draw heat maps.
Used to draw tree maps.
In next chapters, we're going to discuss each type of above mentioned charts in details with examples.
Google Charts is open source and is free to use. Follow the link: Terms of Service.