E-Commerce - B2C Model
In B2C model, business Website is a place where all transactions take place between a business organization and consumer directly.
In B2C Model, a consumer goes to the website, selects a catalog, orders the catalog and an email is sent to business organization. After receiving the order, goods would be dispatched to the customer. Following are the key features of a B2C Model
- Heavy advertising required to attract large no. of customers.
- High investment in terms of hardware/software.
- Support or good customer care service
Consumer Shopping Procedure
Following are the steps used in B2C e-commerce −
- determines the requirement.
- searches available items on the website meeting the requirment.
- compares similar items for price, delivery date or any other terms.
- gives the order.
- pays the bill.
- receives the delivered item and review/inspect them.
- consults the vendor to get after service support or returns the product if not satisfied with the delivered product.
Disintermediation and Reintermediation
In traditional commerce, there are intermediating agents like wholesalers, distributors, retailers between manufacturer and consumer. In B2C website, manufacturer can sell products directly to consumers. This process of removal of business layers responsible for intermediary functions is called Disintermediation.
Now-a-days, a new electronic intermediary breed is emerging like e-mall and product selection agents are emerging. This process of shifting of business layers responsible for intermediary functions from traditional to electronic mediums is called Reintermediation.