Project Human Resource Management
Here is a list of sample questions which would help you to understand the pattern of questions on Project Human Resource Management being asked in PMP Certification Exams.
You can check our complete set of PMP Mock Exams:
(1) From HR perspective, the project manager's responsibility in the planning role includes:
Hiring the team
Developing work schedules
Both b and c
(2) Expert power is the power that comes from the amount of knowledge a person has obtained in a specific area. This type of power is:
Critical to a project manager because the PM has to have as much or more knowledge than any of the team members to make sure the project is completed successfully
Used by the PM to influence upper management and the critical stakeholders
Important if the project manager wants to maintain the respect of the project team
Used sparingly if at all by the PM because the PM cannot stay current on all areas of expertise and also manage the project
(3) To successfully motivate a team in today's high tech - high demand environment, which motivational theories should the PM use to maintain a happy, productive team?
Expectancy and Theory X
Theory Y and Maslow's Hierarchy
Theory Y, Expectancy and Herzberg's Hygiene Factors
Herzberg's Hygiene Factors and Expectancy
(4) To successfully manage a project, the PM must play both a manager and leadership role. In the manager role the PM will do all but which of the following:
Produce results for stakeholder
Focus on the organization and its structure
Both b and d
(5) To be successful in a functional organization, the PM must rely on:
Informal power structure
Broad span of control
Both a and c
(6) Which form of power is the LEAST effective from the project manager's viewpoint in terms of influencing functional managers?
(7) The Project manager should be able to fulfill the role of:
a functional manager
a line manager
(8) The most successful project manager usually:
works their way up from assistants in the project office to full-fledged project managers, supplementing that experience with formal education.
Comes right from Harvard's MBA program into managing very large projects.
Is considered the technical expert of their field.
Has considerable experience as a functional manager before moving into the project management arena.
(9) Which of the following is an important action that must be taken by top management when implementing project management in an organization?
Completely selling the project management concept to the entire organization.
Choice of the type of project manager.
Choice of the type of project organization to be utilized.
All of the above.
(10) The project manager has the most authority in the __________________ type of organization.