The new version of Windows operating system, Windows 8 has been released and has overtaken its forbearers in features as well as publicity. The new version from Windows comes with features that helps browsing faster and also has a whole new range of apps. They are available from a variety of categories ranging from entertainment to health and education. The OS supports a lot of built in apps too.
A downside of some of the Windows apps is that they do not allow syncing at times and appear to be out of date. This can be caused due to improper syncing of the apps. A very easy as well as fruitful solution for this would be to sync the licenses of the apps manually.
Syncing up app licenses
- Step 1: Opening the store app. On booting up the Windows 8 device, go to the ‘Start’ button. On clicking on start button, the menu page would be displayed on the device. From the list of applications featured, select the ‘Store’ app. This mode of accessing is possible only if the apps on the system are pinned on to the start button. If they are not, it would be better to get a search done in the search bar. Using the search feature would enable locating the app. Double click on the app to get it launched.
- Step 2: Accessing the charms bar. Once the app has been launched, the next step would be to open up the charms bar. This can be done pressing down the Window key along with the C key o the keyboard simultaneously. The charms bar can also be opened by moving the mouse cursor to the right hand bottom corner of the screen or monitor of the device. This would bring up the charms menu. Once the menu is available, select the ‘settings’ option.
- Step 3: Getting the apps updated
On clicking the settings menu, a slide out menu will be featured. This menu contains the option for updating the apps and would be termed as ‘App Updates’. Select this app to continue with the license syncing function of the apps.
- Step 4: Syncing the licenses of apps. In the app updates page opened, you will be able to see the ‘sync licenses’ option. This option can be accessed by opening the ‘App Licenses’ page in the App updates section. The ‘Sync license’ option is on the left hand side of the page under app licenses.
- Step 5: Getting the licenses synced. Once the sync license process is completed, the licenses of the apps must be synced. A message saying the App license is synced would be displayed on the screen. In case you o not get such a message, you could try re-syncing it again by using the sync license option once more. After this is done you can ensure that the apps are up to date.
- Step 6: Reinstalling the app. After the above process is completed the setting screen should be closed. Then restart your computer and have the apps re-installed. On logging on to these apps again, you will be able to see the changes.
If the apps are not synced properly they would not work as desired. In order to avoid such problems the licenses of apps must be kept up to date. This can be done with the help of syncing. Syncing of apps can be done manually with ease.
While doing the manual syncing of apps, a well connected internet connection must be ensured. A staggering one could result in errors during the sync process. Another crucial point to be ensured is that the syncing must be done through the account from which the apps are purchased.