Windows 7 is the predecessor of Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system. It came with a lot of upgrades when compared to Windows Vista, and is compatible with all applications compatible to Windows Vista. Processors with multiple cores have improved performance in Windows 7, which also supports virtual hard disk drives. Even with all the security, the OS is still susceptible to human errors.
Users commonly face the problem of accidental deletion of files. They might have used the permanent delete (Shift+delete) option, meaning that the files cannot be restored from the Recycle Bin. For an ordinary computer, the users can use file recovery software to recover the deleted data. UndeleteMyFiles Pro is one such software that can be downloaded for free. Using this software, users can recover deleted files from not just local disk drives but also from external USB devices.
Follow the steps in this tutorial to recover lost data using UndeleteMyFiles Pro.
Installing UndeleteMyFiles Pro
- Step 1: Launch your web browser
- Step 2: Copy and paste the following website link to the address bar of the browser www.undeletemyfiles.en.softonic.com/
- Step 3: Click Download to safely download the file to your PC
- Step 4: After the download is completed, double click on the downloaded .exe file
- Step 5: Click ‘Run’ if the Open File-Security Warning dialog box appears
- Step 6: Click ‘Yes’ if a User Account Control dialog box appears. This will begin the installation of UndeleteMyFiles Pro.
- Step 7: Follow the instructions to successfully install the software in your PC
Using UndeleteMyFiles Pro
Once the installation is completed, you will be able to use UndeleteMyFiles Pro to recover deleted data. Make sure you close all other running programs first.
- Step 1: Double click on the UndeleteMyFiles Pro exe file to launch the software. The main screen will now appear.
- Step 2: Click on the icon named ‘File Rescue’ in the main screen. The File Rescue screen will now open, which will display your local drives.
- Step 3: Check the corresponding checkbox of the drive letter to select the drive where the deleted file was stored before deleting.
- Step 4: Now click ‘Scan’. Once the scan is completed, UndeleteMyFiles Pro will display all the deleted files in the drive you selected.
- Step 5: Go through the list of deleted files, and check the corresponding checkbox of the deleted file that you want to recover.
- Step 6: After making the selection, click the ‘Recover’ button at the top. A dialog box named ‘Browse for Folder’ will appear asking for the location to save the files after recovery.
- Step 7: Select a folder or make a new folder, and then click the OK button
It’s recommended that you save the file to a different folder rather than saving it in the drive in the same folder where it was originally located before deleting. Step 8: In the dialog box that appears now, click ‘Yes’ to recover only the file and click ‘No’ if you want to recover the file with its original structure. The files will be recovered and the statistics will be displayed.
Searching for deleted file
- Step 1: Click the ‘Deleted File Search’ icon in the main menu to search for a specific deleted file
- Step 2: Click ‘Search’ on the Search screen
- Step 3: Click Locations to choose search options and add locations to search
- Step 4: Click the Files tab to choose specific file types for the search
- Step 5: Click Search when you are done
- Step 6: Recover files from the search results as mentioned earlier
UndeleteMyFiles Pro is a very useful file recovery tool with lots of simple features allowing you to search for a deleted file of specific file types and sizes. This free software is also safe to use in the PC as the recovery will not corrupt other files and folders.