Twitter offers online microblogging and social networking services allowing users to send and receive text based messages or ‘Tweets’ of up to 140 characters. Only the followers will be able to reply to the tweets made by a person. Interesting tweets and micro-blogs can gain you followers in Twitter. The more followers there are, the more exposure you will get.
Although it’s not as good as Facebook, Twitter allows following celebrities and popular personalities directly and keeps you posted on their updates. Now it’s possible to share the tweets made on Twitter to Facebook, without using any third party applications.
Note: This requires you to have a Twitter and Facebook account.
This tutorial provides steps to share tweets on Facebook from Twitter.
Setting this up
- Step 1: Open the web browser in your computer
- Step 2: Go to the Twitter webpage. www.twitter.com
- Step 3: Sign in to Twitter with your Twitter ID and Password
- Step 4: Click on the drop-down box beside the silhouetted icon with a downward facing arrow at the top right corner of your page. This opens a drop-down menu with a few options and this is where you can access Twitter settings.
- Step 5: Click on the Settings option in the drop-down menu. This will open up a new page with your account information. You will notice a few tabs on the left pane of the window.
- Step 6: Click on the ‘Profile’ tab on the left pane of the window
- Step 7: Scroll down the page to the bottom. You will now see section titled Facebook. There will be a button beside the Facebook section that says ‘Post your Tweets to Facebook’.
- Step 8: Click on the ‘Post your Tweets to Facebook’ button. Doing this will replace the button with a new button and a message. The message says ‘Your account is not connected to Facebook’. The button says ‘Sign in to Facebook and connect your accounts’.
- Step 9: Click on the button that has appeared replacing the old button. You will now be taken to the Facebook login page.
- Step 10: Log in to Facebook with your Facebook ID and Password. Logging in will take you to the Twitter application on Facebook, where Twitter will ask for permission to ‘Manage your pages’ and ‘Post on your behalf’.
- Step 11: Click Allow. A message will be displayed now in the Twitter profile page saying ‘Your account is connected to Facebook’. This will automatically check the ‘my Facebook Profile’ checkbox under ‘Allow Twitter to the post to the wall of’ section.
- Step 12: Make sure that the ‘my Facebook Profile’ checkbox on the Twitter profile page is checked
- Step 13: Now click on the blue ‘Save Changes’ button in the Twitter profile page. You have now successfully connected your Twitter and Facebook accounts. Your Twitter feed should now appear on your Facebook timeline each time you tweet on Twitter.
- Step 14: Post a tweet in Twitter
- Step 15: Go to your Facebook profile and view your Facebook timeline to see if the Tweet has appeared. The tweet will appear on Facebook with the bluebird Twitter logo right next to the post.
Facebook and Twitter are two of the top ranked social networking websites. With the Facebook and Twitter accounts connected, each post in Twitter will appear immediately in your Facebook timeline as a post made by you, equivalent to a Facebook status update. However, Facebook status updates will not appear as tweets in Twitter, as Twitter only supports tweets of 140 characters length. Hopefully we will soon be able to share the pics in Twitter on Facebook as well.