Creating a profile in makes it easy for others to find you and view your information. But it’s up to you to decide what all information is shared and visible to others. Creating a profile in can get your business out to other professionals who share similar interests, opening up new business opportunities. also allows you to export your profile as a PDF resume.
Creating a profile
- Step 1: Visit and follow the link to create profile.
- Step 2: Give your personal and professional information.
- Step 3: Press the green “Join Now” button.
- Step 4: Click on Edit Profile.
- Step 5: Make changes as you wish and personalize the profile.
- Step 6: Choose a view for the profile – Basic View or Full View.
- Step 7: Click on boxes to check all the categories you wish to include in the Full View profile.
- Step 8: Press the “Save Changes” button to update your profile successfully.
- Step 9: To review the profile, click on “View My Profile as Others See It”.
Your profile will be created now.
Tips for creating profile
Limit your personal information to protect your privacy. To promote your business and yourself, choose to “Customize Buttons”. Before exporting the profile as PDF resume, go through the whole profile once more and make sure all the information are as they are supposed to be. Make sure that there is no wrong information given about your past jobs and current jobs.
To edit your profile, go to the Profile tab in the page.
Once you are done with the editing, make sure the profile is ready to be exported as PDF. Double check the profile to make sure there is no wrong information.
To export the profile as PDF resume
- Step 1: Click on “Profile” tab at the top of the page next to “Home” tab.
You may also place the cursor on the profile tab to get the available options. To view the profile, you can click on the “View Profile” option also.
- Step 2: In the open profile page, click on the drop down arrow beside the Edit option.
The Edit option will be right next to your profile picture.
- Step 3: From the options that appear in the dropdown menu, choose “Export to PDF”.
- Step 4: Click on “Save”
- Step 5: Press OK (for some browsers)
Once you choose this option, the following task will depend on the browser you are using. Some browsers directly download your profile as PDF resume when you choose “Export to PDF”. Some other browsers just open the PDF document or give you options to “Open” or “Save” the PDF file once you click on “Export to PDF”.
The file will be saved as PDF.
For Safari browser on a Mac system
The Safari browser on a Mac operating system gives you options to Open or Save the PDF, when you choose Export to PDF for the first time in the computer. You will also be able to check the “Do this automatically for files like this from now on” option that will then directly save the PDF once you choose “Export to PDF” from the Edit option in the Profile page.
Creating a complete profile comprising of personal and professional information in is quite easy. also allows users to import their resumes of word document or PDF formats to . analyses profile information such as job and career data to create a good resume for you, which you can export as PDF easily. You may also choose from a variety of templates and formats to make your resume more attractive before extracting as a PDF file.